Mission: St. Clair County Health Department is the trusted local public health expert.
Vision: To promote and protect public health through assessment, planning, and response so that the public can achieve optimal wellbeing.
In October, 1942, the St. Clair County Board of Supervisors established the City and County Coordinated Health Department. Since then, the St. Clair County Health Department has evolved with the mission reflected in Michigan’s Public Health Code to continually and diligently endeavor to prevent disease, prolong life, and promote the public health through organized programs, including:
- Prevention and control of environmental health hazards
- Prevention and control of diseases
- Prevention and control of health problems of particularly vulnerable population groups
- Development of health care facilities and health delivery systems
- Regulation of health care facilities and health services delivery systems to the extent provided by law.
St. Clair County Health Department will assure the accessibility of appropriate, and quality personal, public, and environmental health services to St. Clair County residents and their families.