The Application Process
St. Clair County Board of Commissioners is seeking residents interested in serving their community on the various boards and commissions. This application provides the Board of Commissioners with basic information about you.
The Board of Commissioners shall review all eligible applications and approve all appointments to boards and commissions in a public meeting. The majority of appointments are made in December of each year; however, there are typically vacancies that occur throughout the year. All applications will be kept on file for at least 1 year and reviewed in the event of vacancy or term expiration.
Potential nominees to boards and commissions should:
- Be a resident of St. Clair County, unless otherwise stated in by-laws, statute or resolution
- Have an interest and/or experience in the board or commission they are applying
- Be willing to become knowledgeable about the particular board or commission
- Be committed and willing to serve as a representative of the County on the board or commission
- Have no conflict of interest in regards to the board or commission
- Apply and accept a nomination willingly and not out of a sense of obligation
- Be available and attend the meeting dates/times of the particular board or commission
- May be subject to background check prior to appointment to board or commission
Download Application Form