Health Department Communications
- Flyer – Information for First Responders
- Poster - Hepatitis A Guidance: Hospital Emergency Departments
- Hepatitis A Disinfection Guidelines
- FAQ - Vaccination Prioritizing for Food Handlers and Healthcare Workers (11-3-17)
- Hepatitis A Vaccination Priority Levels for Hospital Personnel in Response to the Hepatitis A SE Michigan Outbreak
- Interim Hepatitis A Postexposure Prophylaxis Guidance in Response to the Hepatitis A SE Michigan Outbreak
- Poster for Patients - Are You at Risk for Hepatitis A?
- Emergency Department Evaluation and Management of Patients at High Risk for Hepatitis A
Vaccine Administration Resources
- Injectable Vaccine Administration for Adults (updated 2/2017)
- Helping Your Adult Clients Pay for Vaccines
- Standing Orders for Administering Hepatitis A Vaccine to Adults (IAC)
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, call (810) 987-5300 to schedule.
Vaccine available while supplies last. Vaccine available with no out-of-pocket cost. Please bring insurance if possible.
If there are any changes regarding vaccine supply, updates will be available on our website, social media, and hepatitis A informational hotline at (810) 966-4162.
Contact your healthcare provider or local pharmacy for vaccine availability.
Pharmacies carrying hepatitis A vaccine:
- Sheldon Pharmacy – Yale
- Rite Aid – Algonac #4943
- Rite Aid – Marysville #4559
- Rite Aid – 24th St. Port Huron #4409
- Kroger Pharmacy – Fort Gratiot #515
- Meijer Pharmacy – Fort Gratiot #163
- Walgreen Pharmacy – 24th Ave. Fort Gratiot
Vaccine Information Statements (VIS)
- English – Hepatitis A VIS (updated 7/2016)
- Spanish – Hepatitis A VIS - Spanish (updated 7/2016)
- Arabic – Hepatitis A VIS - Arabic (updated 7/2016)
To reduce your risk of hepatitis A:
- Get the hepatitis A vaccine.
- Know the signs and symptoms of the disease.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not prepare food if you are sick.
- Stay home from work and report illness to your employer.