The Health Department offers a free, confidential, clean works program called "The Exchange".
Our goal is risk reduction and disease prevention (stopping the spread of communicable diseases like Hep C and HIV).
- New needles, clean works and needle exchange
- Safe injection education and materials
- Narcan training/kits
- Outreach referrals
*Hepatitis C Testing Recommendations
CDC now recommends one-time hepatitis C testing of all adults (18 years and older) and all pregnant women during every pregnancy. CDC continues to recommend people with risk factors, including people who inject drugs, be tested regularly.
- Harm Reduction PIHP Endorsement 2022
- Syringe Services Program (SSP) FAQ and St. Clair County SSP FACTS
- The Exchange Flyer
- Tips for Safer Use
- How to Use Fentantyl Test Strips
- MDHHS Syringe Service Program
- Mail-Based Harm Reduction Services
- MDHHS Viral Hepatitis Website
- MDHHS We Treat Hep C Website
No appointment necessary, however a short intake/assessment will be required.
Monday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday through Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
3415 28th Street, Port Huron