Friend of Court > FAQs > General FAQs

General FAQs

How can I obtain a payment history for my taxes?
You may submit a Request for Copy of Payment History with the Friend of Court. If it is your first request of the year, there is no charge for the Payment History. Any requests thereafter will have a fee assessed. Please provide contact information with your request. You may also obtain and print payment information, free of charge, by registering with the MiCase website, which provides up to date account information 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

I can’t get time off from work; can I call in for my hearing?
Only if the hearing is in front of an Attorney Referee at the FOC. If your hearing is before a judge, you must appear in person. You should contact the office if you are not sure. If YOU are being Show Caused for failure to pay support, your failure to appear for a Judicial Show Cause hearing will result in a bench warrant.

How do I cancel my USBank Debit card?
You will need to contact the MiSDU at the toll free debit card information line (1-877-464-3324) and you will then be asked to set up a direct deposit into a checking or savings account. Checks are no longer issued for Michigan Child Support Payments, unless you meet certain criteria, this information will be available at the above listed toll free number. A printable Direct Deposit form is available on our website, and should be mailed to the address listed on the form.

I don’t have a case yet. How do I get visitation rights? Will I have to pay support?
Please see the section on Starting a New Case.

Can I give payments directly to the custodial parent?
Unless you have opted out of FOC services, you are required to make payments on a child support order through FOC. If you have a charging case through the Friend of the Court, you are required to make payments through the Michigan State Disbursement Unit (MiSDU). If you make direct payments to the other parent, FOC is not aware of these payments and you will not receive credit for them.

Friend of Court Status: 

Not working? Refresh page.