Prosecuting Attorney - Personal Protection Orders
Personal Protection Orders
Circuit Court Family Division
201 McMorran Blvd, Ste. 2800
Port Huron, MI 48060
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
A Personal Protection Order (PPO) is a Circuit Court Family Division injunctive order that helps protect victims of Family Violence, Dating Violence, or Stalking. A PPO is filed by a Petitioner against a Respondent to stop or restrain from:
- contacting the Petitioner through any means (in person, by phone, by mail or e-mail, etc.)
- entering the Petitioner's residence, property or work place
- assaulting, attacking, beating, or wounding the Petitioner
- harassing, stalking, or threatening the Petitioner
- removing any minor children from where they live unless their removal is part of court-ordered visitation
- interfering with the Petitioner's efforts to remove the children or property
- purchasing or possessing a firearm