The marine patrol’s duties include:
- Enforcement of State and Local laws on the waters of the county.
- Investigation of accidents, complaints and crimes occurring on county waters.
- General assistance to the boating public and to vessels in distress.
- Search and Rescue operations.
- Emergency medical assistance.
- Vessel safety inspections.
- Inspection of boat liveries (boat rental establishments).
- Patrols of regattas and marine parades.
- Assistance to local, state, US and Canadian governments in all matters involving
- Underwater rescue and recovery operations.
- Surface and subsurface ice rescues and recovery.
- Public education through safe boating classes, water safety programs and a variety
of other public presentations.
- Port and Border Security